Our Mission: To raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children, and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia.
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
There is no financial obligation associated with being a Community Partner but there will be an opportunity to help us cover the expenses of this event. As a grass-roots organization, with no funds to cover expenses, we rely on volunteers and partners to help make this event a success and will distribute a sign-up genius link in the weeks prior to the event that includes some ways to contribute if you are able to.
We appreciate your support!